In a move that should come as no surprise to anyone except the very, very old who still can't believe electric car windows exist, Amazon announced its color-screen Kindle today, the $200 Fi-ya (technically 'Fire', but I like to say it like that). People are speculating how much it's going to affect iPad sales EVEN THOUGH THERE ARE OTHER PEOPLE SPECULATING WHERE THEIR NEXT MEAL IS COMING FROM. Priorities, folks, that's the really lesson here. Haha, I'm teaching -- I'm actually doing it! *soaks pants in front of class* FUFUFUFUUUUUUUUUUUUU. Product highlights:
- 7" multi-touch display with IPS (in-plane switching) technology and anti-reflective treatment, 1024 x 600 pixel resolution at 169 ppi, 16 million colors.
- Dual-core processor running Android
- Own Amazon Silk web browser, Flash support
- 14.6 ounces (9/10-lb)
- 8GB internal storage. Enough for 80 apps, plus either 10 movies or 800 songs or 6,000 books.
- Free cloud storage for all Amazon content
- Up to 8 hours battery life of continuous reading or 7.5 hours of video playback
- Wi-Fi only
I've never actually owned a Kindle. I like book-books. Something about the smell and being able to wipe boogers between the pages. Amazon is also releasing a new and improved 6" 'vanilla' Kindle for $79, and two 7" touchscreen versions for $99 and $150 (3G). What they are NOT releasing is the collection of nudie photos I took of myself and tried to sell in their app store for a million dollars. YOU DIRTY COMMIE CENSORS!
Thanks to everyone who sent this for thinking I must live under a rock or something. BURN! No but seriously, keep those tips coming.