A 25-year old Ukrainian chemistry student was found dead after accidentally blowing his jaw off with exploding chewing gum. Apparently he had the habit of dipping his gum into citric acid but may have mistakenly used explosive one time. Thanks, but I'll stick to Orbit Sweet Mint.
Officers found citric acid packets and a similar-looking unidentified substance, believed to be some kind of explosive material, on a table near the 25-year-old's body, Russian news agency Ria Novosti said.
Investigators suspect the student confused the packets and put gum covered with explosive material into his mouth.
Wow, what a way to go. Although you've gotta admit, as a chemist, this guy was destined to blow himself up sooner or later. R.I.P. buddy.
Student's jaw blown off by gum [news24]
Thanks to Mr M and Add Not Andrew MacGregor, who chew TNT and have explosive breath.
Somebody Get This Guy A Darwin Award: Man Attempting Bigfoot Hoax On Side Of Road Gets Hit By Two Cars, DiesA man believed to be drunk and dressed in a Ghillie camouflage suit to look like Bigfoot or a forest monster was struck by two cars while OOGA BOOGA-ing on the side of a dark Montana highway Sunday night and killed. I'M TRYING REALLY HARD TO FEEL BAD. [State Trooper Jim] Schn... / Continue →
/ Continue →
/ Continue →